A 4 day practical based course focusing 3 days on CCTV and the remaining 1 day on Wireless Intruder Alarm Systems.
For the first 3 days with CCTV the following topics will be covered:
- Which Cables / connectors to use
- Distances with cables
- What parts are required for a CCTV system
- How to specify a CCTV system
- Cameras / Lenses
- PTZ cameras – how to install / connect
- Resolutions / Images / fps
- DVRS / NVRS
- Remote viewing from a laptop / Mobile / tablet
- Detection & Transmission
- Analogue – HD over Coax
- Introduction to networking
- Introduction to IP systems
- Differences with Analogue / IP
Then the remaining 1 day for Wireless Intruder Alarms. Throughout the course, we will discuss how and where the relevant standards apply to different parts of the system and how this can affect a number of things from system design to equipment location. We will also cover communication methods and system grading. During the course we will use practical and theory based learning skills to reinforce the subjects covered. This blend of theory and hands-on practical training will provide you with the skills to install, commission and maintain wireless domestic type burglar alarm systems.
- Control & Indicating Equipment
- Zone Types / Zone Expansion
- Internal / External Detection
- Personal Attack
- Warning devices
- Installation of a Domestic Intruder Alarm
- Active Time Limits
- Methods of Transmission
- Communication over IP
- Fault Finding / Servicing
Anyone who is looking to gain an understanding of the basics of CCTV & Intruder Detection, or is new to the security industry with no prior knowledge of this field.
Cost of the course:
£895 per person for the 4 days.
A certificate is provided at the end of the course which will enable you to apply for an ECS card for Security Installations (part of the CSCS card requirement scheme)